MDGIV
Contributor
Got pre-approved for a used car loan, I was able to negotiate with the dealer for an amount less than the minimum stated on the dealership transfer form. So that was in my favor. I then called customer service to asked if that minimum of $5,000 could be changed. The representative placed me on hold as if seeking approval. Then came back on the phone and said certainly I'll update that form right now and email you a new dealership transfer form. I then concluded the business with the dealer who was more than gracious to finish the paperwork on the promise that USAA was going to send an updated form and allowed me to bring the car home. That's when things went wrong, after waiting an hour and never receiving the email with the updated DFT, I decided to call back and make sure it was on its way but this time the customer service representative informed me that that minimum could not be waived and that I couldn't buy that car. Or at least I had to pay them more than what they negotiated with me to meet the $5,000 minimum. I escalated to the Executive Resolution Team to no avail. Seems as if that team is not empowered to actually resolve anything for the customers. So instead of taking action to keep a customer happy in a conflict over a clear employee training issue, I'm left cleaning up the mess.

2 REPLIES

@MDGIV, I am sorry to hear of your experience. I will certainly have an expert look into this issue and conduct a follow up with you. 

"I escalated to the Executive Resolution Team to no avail. Seems as if that team is not empowered to actually resolve anything for the customers. So instead of taking action to keep a customer happy in a conflict over a clear employee training issue, I'm left cleaning up the mess."

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. That's usually how it is with the ERT. They're very efficient at passing the buck.