Highlighted
Contributor

When I called to let USAA know that my husband had recently passed away, and that I now have two extra vehicles he drove that will just be unused and undriven until I can get paperwork sorted and manage to sell them, I was told that dropping him as a driver would actually make my premiums higher.  This was because I lost a two-driver discount, i was told, which surprised me, but I accepted it at the time.  But now I wonder, in what world is it possible that a policy for 1 driver with 3 vehicles, 2 never driven, be higher than a policy for 2 drivers with 3 vehicles being driven? 1 is an old work pickup "in storage".  The premium is higher even after dropping as many of the options we previously had that I thought I could. This doesn't make any sense to me at all.  Can anyone please explain this? 

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello @WingandaPrayer, please accept our sincere condolences for your husband's passing and we definitely want to help answer all of your policy questions. Our insurance professionals are currently available to help and to best serve you with this specific inquiry please connect with our USAA team via chat on USAA.com from the Contact USAA option or on our mobile app. We look forward to hearing from you and taking care of your questions. -Paula  

Highlighted

Shop around.  USAA's insurance rates can easily be beaten by other companies.  The new USAA will show no loyalty to you and no one at USAA can override the computer.