Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Given the drastic reduction we are now experiencing in traffic due to national COVID actions, are there any actions being taken by USAA to reduce insurance rates as appropriate given the significant reduction in risk of accident?

6 REPLIES

We understand there may be instances where members find themselves facing financial difficulties. USAA is here to help, and we encourage members who may be impacted to reach out to discuss how we might be of assistance. To review the details of your auto policy and question we will need to proceed over our online chat or phone since the specific details cannot be discussed via this social channel. To reach a online chat representative please log in your account and go to the specific insurance product page > Contact USAA; however, if this option is not available we would need to speak with you over the phone. A representative can be reached by phone at 1-800-531-8722 (USAA) or #8722 (USAA) from a cell phone. Thank you for your membership.

Highlighted

I have already been on chat and got no where, not even an answer to a basic question.  Similarly, you have not answered the question.

Will USAA be looking at the drastic reduction we are all experiencing related to risk of collision and adjusting insurance rates accordingly?  I am not asking what those might be, only if USAA is looking at it or not.

You have gone to extremes to extend our risk pool (vast increase in eligible memebers) which has resulted in extreme rates.  Now just want to know if you are reacting in kind based on the huge reduction in traffic, etc...

Highlighted

Good morning @Texas Member Too and thank you for reaching out to us via USAA Community.  I understand you already contacted us via chat and didn't get an answer for your question about seeing a reduction on premiums that goes along with the reduction of traffic on the roads.  If you are finding yourself driving less, we can take a look at your policy and adjust the amount of miles that you are driving for the year.  Our members have seen additional savings on their policies when driving less for the year.  I know you said you chatted with us already, however, you can view your policy and adjust your mileage and see the amount of savings you get.  Are you familiar on where to adjust your policy on usaa.com?  Also, have you had an opportunity to do an insurance review to your rates and see if any additional savings have been missed? ~ Marco

Highlighted

Yes, Marco.  I do know how to adjust the annual miles per car.  The bigger part of the equation though is the underwrting tables are now completely out of date and this is just about me driving less, it is about when I do drive, there is no body on the road.  Hence, the risk of me getting in a collision, no matter the number of miles driven, is drastically reduced.  We have seen massive increases with increased risk due to over expansion of the eligibility pool and now I am asking of we will in k ind, see a reduction of rates assocaited with the reduction of risk.

Seems like a pretty straight forward question, quite possibly yes or no.

Highlighted

Hi Texas Member Too! I replied to your previous post and I thought I would answer you here as well. Here at USAA we evaluate our risks in all areas and will continue to rate appropriately to ensure our members are protected and are provided the best rate available. Thank you for your membership!

Highlighted

USAA reduce insurance rates?  What planet are you living on?  Not going to happen.  Remember that USAA is only about USAA.