NEBW
Contributor

We have 2 cars, one is a 2005 the other a 2011.  Haven't had an accident or ticket in more than 5 years.  Auto insurance declaration page for the renewals show a 30.87% increase on ea for prop damage, monthly.  The 2005 went from $68.36 to $89.46.  The 2011 from $73.14 to $95.72.  Any one else seeing those increases for 6 month premiums?

9 REPLIES

@NEBW, We are happy to review the auto insurance renewal with you also, as well as look for other opportunities to save. Please reach out to us via chat on usaa.com, or by phone at 800-531-USAA (8722) if you would like further assistance. Thank you :) ~Danielle

I did, the rep (not very knowledgeable) told me initally it was due to environmental changes.  Then, she told me the underwriting team raised the rates based on GA data.  I asked to speak w/underwriting but she said "no one talks to Underwriting".   She was not helpful.  I am not happy.

@NEBW, I had an opportunity to review your policy for the premium increase. I am unable to discuss through this channel, but I've made some notes. At your convenience, please give us a call at 800-531-8722 to discuss further. Thank you! -Cynthia

Will do, thank you.

I've (like a lot of my fellow members) are experiencing those increases as well. I've been with USAA since the mid 80s--no tickets or accidents. I have a 2001/2006/2007. The only way to keep costs under control is to increase your deductible (which I might consider if my vehicles reach a certain age), remove things like PIP (not advisable), rental reimbursement, class replacement, etc. You're probably better off taking some time to comparison shop.

Consider where you live.  If you live in an area that has experienced flooding, hurricanes, etc, then sometimes the losses for that area affect what an insurance carrier charges.  Increases are also expected for cost with pay increases and the costs of materials going up for anything getting repaired.  For the person who wanted to speak to underwriting (one of the responses), you will probably never find any insurance company that will do that.

Agree we are seeing similar increases in Auto and Home Insurance.  After decades as a loyal customer with only one minor cliam about 15 years ago we are going to shop this out with other insurers. 

I understand rates are important @SDH87, we will be glad to do a review of your Auto policy. We offer an online chat to proceed and to reach a representative please log in your account and go to the specific insurance product page > Reach a Representative; however, if this option is not available we would need to speak with you over the phone. A representative can be reached by phone at 1-800-531-8722 (USAA) or #8722 (USAA) from a cell phone. In addition, I have documented your account as well.    ~Joseph

The best thing to do is shop around.  You can do much better than USAA offers under Stuart Parker's leadership.