Disheartened2
Contributor
I purchased 2 cars in last six months. The first took about 1 week for financing to process because USAA wired to wrong account number.

Today I followed up with USAA to confirm they are in receipt of paperwork from dealer. I was told no. Got confirmation from dealer paperwork was sent yesterday so I called customer service back. Confirmed paperwork was received but told me it could take up to 72 hours for funds to be released to dealer. If I got my financing through dealer, I could have walked out with the car. USAA Customer Service told me the dealer sold release the car. I can't see why they would if they don't have the money. Customer Service said he has never seen a dealer hold onto a car until the money is received. So I asked if he would call and confirm with dealer paperwork is settled and funds are on the way and person stated "why would we call them" and I responded by asking, is there an agreement between USAA and the dealers to release a car prior to funding as long as paperwork is processed? He stated no and asked me what I expected USAA to do. BEYOND FRUSTRATING!!!!

1 REPLY

I appreciate you taking my call this afternoon, and I'm glad we were able to get this resolved for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other issues. - Cathleen