Shippwrecked
Contributor

I served in the U.S. Air Force for 10 years and I've been a member of USAA for 10 years also. I use USAA for banking, home, and auto insurance. And as I am reading all these complaints i am in disbelief that USAA would treat their members this way. But why should i be suprised because I am also I victim of their tactics to save money.  On the night of June 16 2017, I was driving home and I dodged a animal running into the road. I hit an object on the side of the road that blew out my tire. I pulled over changed the tire and drove home. The next morning as I was about to leave my house I noticed oil on my garage floor. Not knowing in the accident the night before whatever I hit punctured the oil. As I backed my car out of the garage, the car shut itself off to avoid locking up the motor do to low oil pressure. I called my roadside assistance to have the car towed to a repair shop. The car was towed to Autonation Nissan. My agent informed me that this shop was not in their network but he would be sending an appraiser out to look over the damage and get an estimate. The appraiser never called me to schedule an appointment. He showed up days later, got his appraisal and sent it to the claims adjuster. I went to the shop and pointed out things he missed and try to inform the insurance agent and kept telling me the appraiser would be out to get a supplemental estimate to get the damage that was missed. He never showed back up. USAA authorized Nissan to go ahead with the repair. I picked my car back up on July 19, 2017 the bumber on my car was damaged but never fixed. I called my agent  and told him about it, he set me up an appointment to go by a body shop to get an estimate. I did that. I drove my car to Nashville TN the weekend I got my car back. I drove it to work a couple days the next couple of weeks. As I was driving home August 14 2017 my car started loosing power and engine started making a loud noise. I called USAA had my car towed backed to Autonation Nissan to have it checked again. The service advisor at AutoNation informed me of all the work they done was still good and he think the motor had threw a rod. My agent got the information from the shop about the engine and told me the engine was covered because it was due to the prior accident. My insurance agent never sent out an appraisor but wanted me to move the car to another shop because he couldn' t get in contactwith anyone from Autonation Nissan. I had the car moved from there to another Nissan Dealership. My agent set up the appraisal. Again the appraiser never called me before going out to appraise the car. After the appraisal it was determined the engine had thrown a rod. Again my agent told me that USAA was going to put a motor in the car. They sent Landers Nissan a check to cover the repair. I got a call from my agent a few days later saying my car would not be cover because I locked the motor up by backing out of the garage. I talked to the Service advisor and Landers Nissan and he told me my agent told him I had been driving the car without oil. After speaking to my agent about why the car was not covered he gave me all types of excuses. First was that backing the car out of the garage locked the motor up. (Motor couldn't have been locked up because I drove it when it came out the shop.) Second was that Nissan didn't put oil in the car when they did the initial repair. This problem has been going on now for 6 months and ever time I talk to my agent about it he says this case has been closed. And when asked to speak with a supervisor, its always they will call you. When they do call its the same thing, case has been closed. I have a 2017 Nissan Maxima sitting at a shop with full coverage insurance that hasn't been driven since the middle of July. this is an on going nightmare. I just don't know what else to do!!!

2 REPLIES

@Shippwrecked, I am terribly sorry to hear of your frustrations regarding your auto claim and I can understand you wanting to find some resolution to the situation. I have located your information and I am escalating this to the claims service manager to review further and reach out. Thank you.

My number hasn't changed so it shouldn't be that hard to get in contact with me. As everyone on this site can see you responded 2 weeks ago to my complaint but I haven't been contacted by anyone. I know USAA are slow about paying claims but they shouldn't be slow about reading files and trying to resolve their clients claims. I guess since I been waiting 7 months another couple weeks wouldn't hurt. This company is very unprofessional. You probably have someone sitting at home at their computer handling claims and responding to everybody messages. Don't just tell me what you think I want to hear. So result need to come from complaints not making me wait longer. USAA suppose to look out for their members which majority of us are veterans. The General. Com Insurance probably treats veterans better than this company.  Someone needs to contact me sooner than later.