VFW Auxiliary
Contributor

My car salesman was on his computer, working on a lease for our new car, when he asked if I had USAA. I asked why,  because we had only discussed the other company where we have home/auto insurance. He said it doesn't matter, there's a $750 rebate from General Motors for being a member of USAA. He submitted my number, and USAA sent back instructions to call a special number. (Only I could call, not the dealership.) As soon as the VIN number and model/body style was verified at USAA, an on-line authorization "letter" came back immediately. Although it took about 15 min. to get a representative on that phone number, the immediate response was very, very helpful, as we were working after closing time at the dealership. THANKS, USAA FOR YOUR SURPRISE GIFT OF $750

8 REPLIES

VFW Auxiliary;

Thanks for posting this!

Everyone, here is a EXTERNAL LINK to GM Current Offer (Subject to Change).

Get it while it's hot!

Hi, I'm purchasing a vehicle as well... I've had a hard time trying to get that letter for my dealership... I was wondering if I could get that phone number from you?

Thanks

Everyone;

Here is a quote from the USAA New and Used Car Buying Service footnote (3)  found here.

------------------------------

GM (and other car manufacturers) offers are limited time purchase price discounts. Offers available from manufacturers through participating dealers.  GM discounts not available on Cadillac vehicles, Chevrolet Volt, and Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.  GM (and other car manufacturers) only offer discounts to persons eligible for membership in USAA Property and Casualty Insurance Group. P&C membership is generally available to current and former members of the U.S. Military and their former dependents. There is no obligation to purchase or continue USAA products or services to obtain the offers. GM requires presentation of a USAA insurance card or a Confirmation Letter provided by USAA. For a Confirmation Letter, members can call USAA at 1-800-531-8285.

------------------------------

**IMPORTANT: Offer ends1/2/2015.

Hope this helps.

The $750 for USAA member is determined by your Zip Code. Follow the GM military offer (the above link), it's an add-on. I just went there and you should enter your ZIP. Mine is eastern Kansas. Also, if your salesman didn't get this for you, go see the head finance guy OR the dealership General Manager. If you don't get it shortly, walk away from the deal (or threaten to walk away. But give them a chance. Remember, this discount didn't come up till the salesperson was entering the sale on his computer.

I now work in Internet Auto Sales at Freeway Chevrolet in Arizona I am USAA for life.

I use this for who ever I work with that is a veteran or currently serving. Not all dealership sales people know about this.So make when you arrive you talk with your sales person about this.

Tim

I now work in Internet Auto Sales at Freeway Chevrolet in Arizona I am USAA for life.

I use this for who ever I work with that is a veteran or currently serving. Not all dealership sales people know about this.So make when you arrive you talk with your sales person about this.

CWdancer

thanks for the info...saved me $750 today on a new Volt

Bummer... Hopefully the deal is here after for around march april since I will be taking delivery of my vehicle then. (It's a factory ordered corvette that is projected to arrive something in late march)