Highlighted

Quitting USAA

Quitting USAA

POed 2's avatar User  POed 2  (Opens a pop up layer) New Member

I've been a member for about 15+ years. I loved USAA services. Reciently I applied for home owners insurance for a new home I'm building. I presently have banking, auto and home owners services.

I was told that because I had two claims in three years (one for theft of 1000 and one for 6000 [hearing aids]), that I was not eligable for a new home owners policy!

I will now desolve all my policies and financial services (other comapnies are very competative) ASAP.

All these years I highly recommended USAA to fellow verterans and service members. It's sad, but this will no longer be the case. Kim Stacy

Re: Quitting USAA

Riff's avatar User  Riff  (Opens a pop up layer) New Member

Sadly, that is the common policy of all insurance carriers. I had hoped to hear that USAA would be different. I was refused coverage by State Farm, whom I had been with for 11 years and filed 1 claim for theft, when I bought a new home. I had to go with a higher cost, no-name insurance company until the cooling off period had expired. It doesn't matter which company you are with, insurance companies are only interested in collecting money, not paying it out.

I recommend that you do thorough research into the other companies, and have a policy in force before dumping USAA. You may find that the others will refuse your coverage as well.

BrianaHartzellUSAA's avatar User  BrianaHartzellUSAA Community Manager

POed 2,

I am very sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. We truly value your 15 year membership. While I cannot change what has already happened, we would like a second chance to see if there is anything we can do to help you. If you would like, you can complete this form. We look forward to hearing from you.

Wavy Davy's avatar User  Wavy Davy  (Opens a pop up layer) Frequent Visitor

I'm sure most of the membership would be interested in what Ms. Hartzell's "help" might consist of and if POed is willing and able to benefit.
Please show us any results that are available. I, for one, have always been completely satisfied with the services of USAA, but am also interested in other members difficulties and resolution thereof.

Terribly Disappointe's avatar User  Terribly Disappointe  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Visitor

Wavy Davy,

I'm guessing Brianna was hired specifically to cut, copy and paste about a half a dozen identical responses into all of these comment chains and serves little if any other purpose.
Popular Topics
Close Pop-up