Mortgages... Time To Get With the Times USAA

Mortgages... Time To Get With the Times USAA

11c.68w's avatar11c.68wNew Member

When we applied for the VA Home loan we were told by the USAA processors that we would be able to arrange bimonthly or biweekly mortgage payments. This was an outright lie. As soon as our home loan was completed I contacted the mortgage department who shared that USAA never, and will not do any bimonthly or biweekly mortgage payments, and that mortgages are due on the first, in full, every month. Congratulations USAA, not only did your loan processors tell a big fat lie, but youre one of the last mortgage companies left in existence who will not set up these types of payments. Bimonthly and biweekly payments allow mortgages to be paid faster and in increased amount, such a huge benefit for those able to do so. We made sure we stuck with you alll through all of our accounts, home buying, insurances, mortgage, credit cards, etc. because youve always taken care of us and always been the best of the best. This is NOT the case where your mortgage department lies. Even the website where you can access details and pay your mortgage is outdated, lacking, and confusing. Since these are extremely large loans and bills, that we have entrusted to you, you would think that you would get with the times and handle the needs of your homeowners with a little more enthusiam and priority. 

For the first time in 5 years USAA, I'm severely disappointed.

Re: Mortgages... Time To Get With the Times USAA

BrianaHartzellUSAA's avatarBrianaHartzellUSAACommunity Manager

Hello 11c.68w,

I am so sorry you received incorrect information about your mortgage payment options. We would like to get additional details about your situation to ensure this does not happen again. We would truly appreciate if you also shared your feedback in this form. Thank you for commenting.

JB14's avatarJB14New Member

I was not lead to believe BI-weekly was an option, however I assumed it would be, once the online accounts were all set up to make payments. Not only is Bi-weekly payments a way to better pay down a Mortgage it is also a tool to better manage a budgett. I would request and strongly suggest that this option be added in the future for the benefit your clients. As USAA has provided my family and I a great service thus far and I believe they have one of the most loyal clientele, It would benefit all in retaining the said Biweekly payment system. The more efficient and financially stable my family is, the more efficient and financially stable USAA is. This is something that most Mortgage company's are now offering and USAA needs to step up with the times. By not offering this option you are hurting your clientele, and this is a poor way to retain and grow buisness partnerships.

BrianaHartzellUSAA's avatarBrianaHartzellUSAACommunity Manager

Dear JB14,

Thank you for your feedback regarding bi weekley payments. I have shared your feedback and encourage anyone else who would like to share their thoughts on this matter (or anything else on your mind) with us here in this community, or if you would like an additional outlet, feel free to send us a message here.

Thank you again for posting.

Popular Topics