Mortgage Process Problems

Mortgage Process Problems

LeesaPetty's avatarLeesaPettyOccasional Visitor

I have read several comments about people having issues with USAA's mortgage process. I am having the same issues. I have sent in all of my required documents, just to get an email from my processor that I needed to send in documetns that I have already sent her. She didn't order my tax returns, which is why I signed the IRS form in the first place (if I had them then I wouldn't have returned that form!). Then my file came back from underwriting needing the same documents that I have already sent her TWICE! I am just worried I am going to miss my closing date. Oh and not to mention I can NEVER get her on the phone and now she is on leave and her co-worker is handling my file. I have called and emailed him as well and have yet to receive a response. My question is....HOW DID YOU GET SOMEONE TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE? and be reassured that your stuff is going to make it on time to closing?

Re: Mortgage Process Problems

FSCS's avatarFSCSNew Member

SAME PROBLEM here, read my post from today.................

[ Edited ]

FSCS's avatarFSCSNew Member

In the process of buying our third home in the last 10 years, and went with USAA again and even are using the home circle home buyers program for the first time. DO NOT EVER use this program.

We have already missed our closing date, and can not be given a new one, as a result my family as the buyers and the other family who was selling are now in a homeless status. This is great timing as I have children to register for school with no permanent physical address.

I am on day five of waiting for a call back, everyone goes to voice mail, no one will even call my Realtor back who is an authorized Home Circle realtor?

**JASMINE XXXXX, JASON XXXX, PAMELA XXXX, AND THE SUPPOSED SUPERVISOR NAMED MARIA @ EXT 28957(WHO AS OF TODAY AS A NO LONGER A RECOGNIZED VOICE MAIL BOX MESSAGE)  YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS ARE ON PAR WITH THAT OF THE TEENAGE MOUTH BREATHER WORKING THE COUNTER AT A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT**

Customer service is aweful, actually it is down right XXXXXX, I would rather communicate to a call center in a third world country.

There is no communication, my processor or handler has changed at least a dozen times. When someone does finally get a hold of you they request some more documents that you have already sent in that they can not find.

THIS NIGHTMARE WILL NOT HAVE BEEN WORTH THE CASH BACK BONUS.

Never had these problems using a regular realtor.

Couple this with the PCS move and switching over car insurance to another state that took the entire Month of May to complete I am currently shopping around for another financial institution.

USAA use to be great, however they are reverting back to the investment and life insurance peddlers that were somewhat predatory to service members back  in the 80's and 90's.

20 years service, 14th and last year with USAA!

With the 1000's of people from all services I have connections with I WILL NEVER recommend USAA products or services to them again.

BrianaHartzellUSAA's avatarBrianaHartzellUSAACommunity Manager

LeesaPetty,

I wanted to check in and get an update on your situation. Please let us know how your closing went and if there is anything we can do for you. Thank you for posting in the community!

BrianaHartzellUSAA's avatarBrianaHartzellUSAACommunity Manager

FCFS,

Thank you for sharing your experience. There are not sufficient words to apologize for the terrible experience you have had. While I cannot change what has happened in the past, we would like to get someone in contact with you to make sure you have everything you need now, or to see if we can salvage your relationship with us. We truly do appreciate your service and membership. Please fill out this form with the best way to contact you. In the meantime, I have passed your feedback along to the appropriate area. Thank you again for posting and we look forward to hearing from you.