Breadcrumb Trail:

Highlighted

Does USAA do construction loans or how does it work ?

Does USAA do construction loans or how does it work ?

SG 25's avatar User  SG 25  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

My wife in I are wanting to build a home in out land and will like t see how Is the process work if I go thru USAA or if they even do this type of loan ? Some one told me no they don't that I have to go thru a builder then refinance, but does this mean I have to put a down payment and closing cost for the builder then again with USAA? Please help need answers . Thank you

Re: Does USAA do construction loans or how does it work ?

kayelless's avatar User  kayelless  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I'm wondering the same thing.  Does anyone have answers about construction loans?

Briana Hartzell USAA's avatar User  Briana Hartzell USAA Community Manager

Hi!

There is a discussion thread about this topic located here:

https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Buying-a-Home/VA-Construction-Loan/m-p/2687#U2687

However, I encourage anyone with specific questions and concerns about construction loans to call and talk to an expert! 1-877-314-2255 They will be able to answer any questions and provide you with the most up to date and relevant information for your situation!

Thank you!

landra's avatar User  landra  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

USAA does not handle construction to perm loans.

Arby's avatar User  Arby  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

For what it's worth ---

my online 'contact us' question to USAA re: construction loans: does USAA make construction home/mortgage loans? 

I'ts a yes or no response.  Even if there are caveats.  Nevertheless, their online BS response:

(note: after I called - USAA does not make true construction loans.  i.e. the kind where you already own the lot and get a builder; but USAA does refinance those kind of loans if you get it elsewhere.  USAA does make loans where the builder owns the lot and builds you a home).

Thank you for reaching out to USAA regarding your Mortgage needs. USAA is currently working to implement a new online messaging channel in order to enhance the member experience. Due to Federal regulations, only licensed member service representatives (MSR) can answer your question and at this time, USAA does not have a licensed MSR, via this channel. As such, we have temporarily discontinued the use of this online member messaging tool for Mortgage questions. Currently, all mortgage questions are being processed by phone only and no outbound requests can be made. We regret any inconvenience and remain highly dedicated to serving our members needs. At this time, we ask that you call us for your new mortgage needs at (800) 531-USAA (8722) between 6:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Central Standard Time. We have highly skilled, dedicated loan officers available to assist you with your needs.

For our members calling internationally, please log on to USAA.com/ Contact and Support Center for instructions to call in. You can also give someone Power of Attorney (POA) to speak on your behalf.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding and continued membership.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
USAA

USAA means United Services Automobile Association and its affiliates.

Please let us know how we are doing by answering this survey.
>> Start Survey Now

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up