Breadcrumb Trail:

Highlighted

Bait and Switch Advertising

Bait and Switch Advertising

USMCSarge's avatar User  USMCSarge  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

As far as I'm concerned, the New Car .99% APR loan doesn't exist.  My new car was located at a USAA certified dealer via the USAA Car Buying service.  Fine with the 36 month term.  Fine with the auto pay.  Fine with the credit check.

Result?  Approved for 3.49%.

Reason? Credit.

According to the USAA rep, my credit score was 803. HOWEVER, USAA goes by "creditnprofile" rather than credit score.  Apparently, my current mortgage and measly two credit cards is too little activity.

Listen, I'm 50. In that time I've paid off homes, cars, motorcycles, student loans, and credit cards. Some of which were USAA products.

So, if you're a responsible consumer, manage your debt, and stick to a budget, evidently USAA will penalize you by disqualifying you from the enticing advertised rate.

I may stay with the insurance side but I'm moving my money somewhere a little less deceptive.

Re: Bait and Switch Advertising

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

USMCSarge - This is not what we want you to experience. I have located your information. I will engage a team to review the situation and contact you shortly. I appreciate you reaching out to us today. - Jason

Just a gunner's avatar User  Just a gunner  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

I feel your pain brother. I have had that experience with USAA. 

USAA even took a step further, by calling the police to get me off the phone with them. 

I spent from 8 am to 3 pm trying to have them lower my APR. 

Their excuse was they need to make money.

USAA wanted to raise my APR in a refinance from 5% to 9%

Yepitsme's avatar User  Yepitsme  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

After my last experience with USAA loan department, I will never do business with them again on any banking product. Still not impressed with insurance side but trying to be fair and open minded. Banking side, never again, and I too have excellent credit.

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, Yepitsme. Rest assured, I've provided your comments to our team that reviews all member feedback during service enhancements. We are here, should you change your mind. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need anything else. - Cathleen

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up