Subscribers Account

Subscribers Account

BrattyWife's avatarBrattyWifeNew Member

I have read multiple posts and USAA literature on the Subscribers Account. I have had mortgages, bank accounts, credit cards and multiple insurance policies with USAA for years and have NEVER received a statement for such an account. My parents have one, my sister has one, and my husband has one. I even called and was told I do not qualify for a Subscribers Account. ??????

Re: Subscribers Account

wighty's avatarwightyRegular Visitor

Correct, USAA is made up of 4 main companies, (USAA Limited, USAA Casualty Insurance Company, USAA General Indemnity Company, and Garrison Property and Casualty Insurance Company.  Which company you are placed under depends on certain criteria (how you got your membership, what state you live in, etc).  The only members that have what's called a Subscribers Account, which is from what undertand just a chunk of the companies total reserve assigned to each "USAA" member,  are those who got USAA by being in the military as an officer (criteria does change so don't quote me on that).  It sounds like your membership was handed down to you so you are most likely CIC, GIC or Garrison.  You will still get a dividend check every November (see definition of dividend below) which is usually about 5% of what you paid in premium that year.  If you have never gotten a check, it's most likely because you have not changed the default option to have the money mailed to you or deposited to an account when the email goes out early November to select where you want your dividend check to go.

**Automobile insurance dividends are a discretionary return of premium to members that may be authorized by your insurance company's board of directors. Because we base dividends on the financial performance and capital needs of each company (USAA Limited, USAA Casualty Insurance Company, USAA General Indemnity Company, and Garrison Property and Casualty Insurance Company), they are not guaranteed.