Highlighted

Modesty

Modesty

Thehumbleone's avatar User  Thehumbleone  (Opens a pop up layer) Member

One of the first evidences of a real lady, is that she should be modest. By modesty we mean that she shall not say, do, nor wear anything that would cause her to appear gaudy, ill-bred, or unchaste. There should be nothing about her to attract unfavorable attention, nothing in her dress or manner that would give a man an excuse for vulgar comment. When we dress contrary to the rule of modesty we give excuse for unwholesome thoughts in the mind of those who look upon us, and every girl who oversteps these bounds makes herself liable to misunderstanding and insult, though she may be innocent of any such intention

Re: Modesty

Angered's avatar User  Angered  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Visitor

I think women who have it should wear whatever they want and what is comfortable to them. Women disrespect themselves by being modest and throwing on some sweats to go out in public. And speech is a freedom I'm sure they can say what they want. And judging people you don't know seems a little hypocritical to me.

It's like the old question, "Do you lock your house to keep people out, or to protect what's inside?" Should a person act modestly and dress modestly in order to prevent intrusion from the outside, undesirable things from happening, or to preserve and maintain what is inside: the delicate and sensitive ability to have and maintain an intimate relationship.

But like I said she can be innocent ... But base on the way the women carrys her self some times is how the man treats her not saying is right... .. But most men respond to the way women carry them selfs

Carnivallights's avatar User  Carnivallights  (Opens a pop up layer) Regular Visitor

Maybe we should be teaching our sons how to properly treat a woman instead of shaming a woman for what she wears.

O.k so let's just leave our doors open to our house and raise our children better .. Teach them not to steal or invade people privacy .....but the truth I tell you there is one who is coming who will teach this and bring the human race back to its perfect state ... Where a women wouldn't have to cover her self and a man wouldn't have to lock his door but until then is how we will have to live ... Why will you secure your money but not service your women secure your house up but not your women ..

JustASoulLikeYou's avatar User  JustASoulLikeYou  (Opens a pop up layer) Regular Visitor

Please stop comparing a woman to a thing that's owned and needs protection from a man. Even a locked house gets broken into and houses aren't alive to fight back, so it's a bad example. And modesty is the main characteristic of any true good person in general. Maybe a woman is trying to attract a boyfriend, but just isn't interested in you. It's still her fault though, because he can't keep his hormones in check and his big EGO would be hurt. It's a sad and pathetic truth that there is a good amount of people out there with that disrespectful, selfish, and predatory mentality. Women should not have to sacrifice their liberty to appease the predatory nature of a few men. Women, get your concealed carry permit and protect what's yours and report on every one who thinks they can treat you like a thing less than human. If you women, as a whole, hold predatory men responsible, jail or death is what will be in store

caresmore's avatar User  caresmore  (Opens a pop up layer) New Member

Immodest dress and  speech is disrespectful of those who have to view or hear you !

Carnivallights's avatar User  Carnivallights  (Opens a pop up layer) Regular Visitor

How does what someone else wear disrespect you? Is it because you cannot control yourself? Is it because you are so weak willed that you cannot decide for yourself to simply get over it and accept that people have the right to dress as they choose?
What about when a man has his shirt off in public? Is that any different? Or is it okay simply because he is a man? What about if he is wearing shorts? Oh goodness, people could see his ankles and calves! What ever will I do to control my urges?!!
The idea that someone else's choice in clothing could be disrespectful towards you only proves that you lead such a sad existence that all you have left going for yourself is to get angry about an article of clothing. Do you see how ridiculous that is?

joeheth's avatar User  joeheth  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Visitor

Yeah, if you don't have something nice to say then keep it to yourself. What others do is of no concern to you. Women are not property, they are equals. Your kind of radical thinking is what makes our society look bad. You can keep waiting for God to smite the immodest, but you'll be dead and gone long before that. If there is a God then he would want you to love and be loved. Not to criticiza others for the choices they make. Maybe you should move into radical Islamic society where everyone thinks the same as you.
Popular Topics
Close Pop-up