payment for car loan taken out twice, again!

alita8
Contributor

this happend for the second time now!

first time was two months ago. the payment for my car loan was taken out of my account twice! after two phone calls and a chat conversation (where I was told, that is was my own fault) I got a refund, that took 10 days. nobody refunded my overdraft fee or cared about me not being able to pay other bills in the meantime.

after this experience I cancelled auto payment!! but this morning there was again an automatic withdrawal from my account after I already payed my car loan for this month.

how am I supposed to pay bills or buy food until I (maybe) get that refunded?? and how can I avoid this happening in the future??

5 REPLIES

@alita8, I can understand how frustrating this could be. If you are using our website to make your payment to the loan, and have a joint account holder on the loan, our best recommendation would be to check both your scheduled payments and the joint account holders scheduled payments to help ensure a duplicate payment is not being made. Aside from additional payments being made when an automatic payment is already established, both account holders making separate payments is typically the most common reason duplicate payments are processed. If you would like for us to look into your situation specifically, for your privacy and protection, my best recommendation would be to contact us at 210-531-8722 or you can chat with us online as well. ~Michelle

This just happened to me, too.  They took out  a payment twice out of my Chase account and reflected this as only being one on my USAA dashboard! 

Hi @Zinnia1 - I'm happy to take a look into this for you. Please send a private message with the details of the payment so I can locate it. You can send us a private message via the Member Community group by clicking on your username on the top right-hand-corner of the Member Community page and then selecting the envelope icon and Send a Message. - Cathleen

Same thing happened to me. Made a manual payment on my car insurance on 8/18. The auto payment came out on the 20th and over drew my checking account. The payment was reversed but I was told the 34$ NSF fee was my fault since I didn't call and turn off the auto pay. Every other system I've ever used sees that the current payment due is 0$ and doesn't charge for the following month. Automated systems should always err on the side of caution, especially when dealing with your customers money. I'm seriously considering moving back to a company that has systems that work properly.

Hello and thank you for sharing your concern in regards to having a duplicate payment taken out. In order for the system to recognize the manual payment  you've processed and stop the automatic payment, the manual payment would have to post at least 3 business days prior to your scheduled due date. I'm sorry about the inconvenience you experienced due to the duplicate payment. I hope this information helps if you schedule a manual payment in the future. Thanks!