is this legit? Experian® USAA® CreditCheck Number: [removed sensitive data] Dear EDWARD HALLETT, No recent credit activity found

RUNT1
Contributor

I RECEIVED AN E'M ,  WHICH WHEN I OPENED; SEEMED STRANGE;  WHAT DOES experian HAVE TO DO WITH MY USAA PROGRAMING?   V/R  ERH

1 REPLY

RUNT1 - We do partner with Experian for our Credit Check Monitoring service. If the email you received contains the USAA Security Zone it would be from USAA. If you receive an email stating it's from USAA but doesn't have the security stamp or contains incorrect information:

1. Don't click any links in the email.
  2. Forward a copy of the email to us at abuse@usaa.com.
  3. Delete the original from your inbox.

Also, we don't ask for personal or account information in an email. If you receive an email that appears to be from USAA, but the email requests personal or account information, do not provide any information.

Because many email scams contain harmful computer viruses, we urge you to visit our Security Center for information about anti-virus, spyware and firewall protection. You can also find information on other ways to protect yourself against fraud.  hope this helps. - Jason