how do you stop an automatic payment in billpay?

fillw24
Contributor

How do you stop an automatic payment in billpay?

8 REPLIES

@fillw24, That's a great question. To cancel your automatic payment, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Pay Bills page.
  2. Select your account.
  3. Select "Manage Automatic Payments."
  4. Select the "Cancel Automatic Payments" radio button.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope this information is helpful. - Ben

Hi Ben.  I hate to be thick headed, but when I go to the Pay Bills page, I do not have to select an account and there is no "manage automatic payments" lionk/button anywhere on the page.  I have a "+" button for "My USAA Payment Accounts and Balances" and "Recent Payment Activity" and below that is a listing of every bill that I have set up.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks

@filw24, I do apologize in that the previous steps did not help you cancel the automatic payment. If this is a USAA internal bill on the right side if your Pay Bills page you will see View Bank Automatic Payments and can make changes here.

If this is an external payee, if you go under your Pay Bills page you will see a list of all payees. If you expand the payee you would like to cancel you should see the option here to Manage Automatic Payments. I hope this information does help. If not please let me know and I will be happy to assist you further. -Colleen

I have a credit card set up to make an automatic payment to my USAA insurance bill and I need to cancel it. It does not show up in the list of "View Bank Automatic Payments" nor can I change it under the payee with "Manage Automatic Payments". This is super frustrating.

jackson65, I appreciate you reaching out. Our Technical Support team can assist with troubleshooting the issue. They are currently available at 877-632-3002. When prompted by the phone system, please ask for "technical support". We look forward to hearing from you. -Paula

When I go into "Manage Automatic Payments", I am not able to change the payment information from twice monthly to monthly. It is for my car insurance.  There is no "edit" button.

Thanks for reaching out, #BETH R. I've asked a colleague in our insurance group to take a look into this for you. Please allow just a few minutes for them to review and follow up. 

Hi @BETH R! So that I may assist you further, please turn on the private messaging feature. To do this, please follow these steps below:

1. On member community page, select the drop down menu under your User ID located on top of this page. 
  2. Click on My Settings
  3. Select Private Messenger tab 
  4. Click on the box that says "Turn on private messages."  

These steps will allow us to communicate and keep your information private. Please reply and let me know when it's been set up to continue. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! ~ Stacy