Gauss
Occasional Contributor

USAA changed my minimum payment from 100% of $7.99 in Feb 2019 to 0% of $246.98 in May 2019.

This fooled me into thinking that no payment was due when I received my statement.

When I was assessed $2.32 interest the next month,

I had to read my entire statement from top to bottom to determine why.

This manipulation of minimum payments is deceptive and unethical.

I made many calls to customer service asking that the interest charge be reversed.

I was told that they did not have the authority to reverse the interest charge.

Last week, when I asked to speak to someone who could reverse the charge,

I was told such a person would call me this Monday or Tuesday.

It is Thursday; no one has called.

I tried to follow the USAA credit card dispute procedure, but interest disputes are not allowed.

I tried to message USAA, but the topic of Banking is not allowed.

I uploaded half a dozen documents to the USAA website in support of my request.

I cannot find any way to access those documents on the USAA website.

11 REPLIES

Gosh @Gauss, I regret to hear of the experience that you had today. Please know that you can find uploaded documents on USAA.com by going to Tools>My Documents. If they were uploaded just today it may take some time to view them. I was able to locate your profile and am engaging a subject matter expert for further review. Once reviewed they will contact you. We do appreciate your patience in advance. -Emily 

Emily,

My Documents only contains USAA documents which were sent to me.

I uploaded documents to USAA on June 8, 2019.

What does "engaging an expert" mean?

Two weeks and no one has contacted me.

Hello and thank you for your follow-up post. Engaging an expert meant your concern was forwarded to the appropriate department for review of your concern. Since you are sending us your follow-up message, we will review your concern again and contact you. Thank you!

Now I have to ask: how many MONTHS will it take to get a reply?

@Gauss, we attempted to contact you by phone from June 28, 2019 through July 8, 2019 with no success. Please return our call so we can address your concerns. ~DC  

If you used my communication preferences, you would be able to contact me.

Don't you know how to use voicemail and email?

@Gauss, Our records reflect that we reached out again on August 20, 2019, and a voicemail was left. I'll share this message with the team that has been assigned to review your concerns. ~DC

I was able to retrieve your voicemail on my mobile  phone.

Thank you for your response.

My communication preferences are to use my home phone, not my mobile phone.

My mobile phone is turned off 99% of time.