TiredOfIt
Contributor

What good is a bank that wants me to open a local account or drive hundreds of miles to deposit a life insurance check in an amount greater than a max limit? I understand having the limit for "routine" business, but I only have one wife whose death will resuly in needing to make a deposit like this.

If I "need" to open an account with a local bank, why do I need USAA? I bet if it were USAA Life Insurance there wouldn't be a problem - but of course those rates are higher. So again, why pay more for what was once convenience and customer service?

1 REPLY

@TiredOfIt, I can see you're upset with the limit placed on mobile deposits. USAA places a limit on our Deposit@Home and Deposit@Mobile limits as a means to limit your and USAA's exposure to fraud and loss. It was not meant to serve as a limitation to our members. It's not necessary to open a external bank account to deposit the check. I understand that the check is a significant amount and you can have the check delivered by certified mail such as UPS, FedEx, or USPS. The check can be delivered to us at: 

USAA Federal Savings Bank

9861 Attn: Bank Priority Mail

10750 McDermott Freeway

San Antonio, Texas 78284-8426

In the meantime, I will share your comments regarding this matter with our bank team. We continually look for opportunities to improve our services and your comments will help us do so.

Thank you for taking the time to post. - Ben