Dave99
Contributor

I received a notification that my debit card was lost in a data breach.  I asked the representative who the merchant was as I intended to no longer bring them my business since they could not protect my card number.  It is a huge pain to change my debit card and I intend to no longer bring my business to those that cause me this level of inconvenience.  However, the representative refused to tell me who the merchant was, but confirmed that he knew.  Then he could not provide me any reason why I would not be provided the merchant who lost this data.  I would like to know who lost my data or a detailed explanation as to why I am not permitted to know this information.

2 REPLIES

We have forwarded your message @Dave99 to a representative who will be sending a follow up message later this evening. We appreciate your time and patience!    ~ Joseph

Thanks for reaching out, @Dave99 - I do understand how important this is for you, and regret the frustration and inconvenience this has created for you. Please know that due to security and privacy restrictions, I'm not able to provide acct specific details via social media, so I would recommend you initiate a secured chat with us. To start the chat, please click the Ask USAA link in the upper right corner of your Account Summary page. Our representatives are available 24/7 to answer any questions you have. - Cathleen