Highlighted
Patty Kake
Contributor
I saw the new feature on my account for ZELLE, I was expecting a transfer which the individual did send but before I can get the money I have to activate this new feature which requires me to load all my accounts! I've been trying to "load accounts" for about a week now and still have not been able to complete this task! I called USAA and after being transferred several times and having to explain myself over and over why I called, I was instructed to call ZELLE. Now as a banking customer, why would I want to call a third party company to inquire about my pending transfer? That doesn't make sense to me! Are they trying to tell us that this third party company has access to our banking information? The sad part about it is, there's no other way to do a transfer on the USAA app until you have this feature loaded! Do better for the sake of your customers USAA!

47 REPLIES

I need to transfer money to non usaa bank that is mine but my account won't allow me to. I have been able to receive money but I can't transfer out. I don't have my usaa bank card so I can't even withdraw. What do I need to do to be allowed to transfer money.

Jnancy, you will need to complete a one time enrollment through the USAA Mobile App to link your USAA FSB checking/savings account with their mobile number or email address. You may access the feature by selecting “Transfer” then “Send Money With Zelle” from the menu. One account per email address or mobile phone number can be registered in the Zelle network. I hope this information is helpful. Thank you. - Rhonda

Not really because everytime I go into zelle it kicks me out and says I can't transfer out of my usaa

Jnancy, you must go through the USAA app to enroll if you would like to move funds from your USAA account. Please be sure to have the most recent version of our mobile app, turn on your location services. If you are still encountering an issue please contact Technical Support at 1-877-632-3002 for assistance. Thank you. - Rhonda

USAA: please advise your customers that funds will not be available right away the first time they use Zelle after enrollment. It takes 1 to 3 business days for the first transfer to clear.

Thank you sir - I wish I'd seen this before I unknowingly used Zelle today. They obviously didn't take your very good suggestion.

Patty, we are sadden to hear of your experience. You may want to  uninstall the USAA app and reinstall it to refresh the Zelle feature.  We still have the funds transfer feature available to members. You may send funds to anyone you have listed on your transfer list or add a new account as well.  If you still have issues with this feature after the re-install, please contact our web support at 1-877-632-3002 and when prompted ask for "tech support. "  ~Jen

Still doesn't work for me either. Just says loading accounts and nothing . I try every day. Uninstalled and reinstalled app numerous times.