Will Deposit@Mobile work with Money Orders?

TuxedoWerewolf
Contributor
I work part time as a barista, and I make tips on a daily basis, which I always deposit to my savings. However, shortly after opening a USAA Savings account, I realized there aren't any ATMs in my area that deposit cash. But I have heard that you can you can use the Deposit@Mobile feature to deposit money orders you can get from any post office.

Is this true?

49 REPLIES

Yes it is true
No, guaranteed funds such as money orders and cashier's checks cannot be used for remote deposit.

Yes money orders can be deposited via the mobile app

If you're  unsure I suggest you get the facts directly from a USAA Rep they're is a Contact Us link at the top of the site and they will confirm

yes, i just deposited 2 money orders today.. USAA has definitely improve their services.

Hey @TK13, glad to hear your deposits went smoothly :) Have a good evening. 

#USAAMEMBERSROCK

Unfortunately no. 

Per the FAQ:

What types of checks can I deposit using USAA Deposit@Home?Details Showing. Click to Hide.-

Only domestic checks can be deposited using the USAA Deposit@Home service. The following check types are unacceptable in the USAA Deposit@Home service:

• Cashier's Checks
  • Money order
  • Foreign check
  • Savings bond
  • Traveler's check
  • U.S. Treasury Checks

Thanks for the information regarding what can not be deposited with the mobile app. It would be nice to have information on if we do need to deposit one of items listed above, how would we go about doing that?

Use USAA Easy Deposit at any UPS store to deposit cashier's checks or money orders...

You can deposit the following endorsed checks from U.S. financial institutions:

• Personal checks
  • Money orders
  • Traveler s cheques
  • Cashier/Official checks
  • Teller checks
  • U.S. Treasury checks

The following check types cannot be deposited:

• Foreign checks
  • Savings bonds
  • Checks made payable to a business