Why is it the Zelle web site says no mobile device needed to use Zelle but USAA says you have to have it?

Freelancer
Contributor

Why is it that the Zelle web site says, "Can I access Zelle® to send or receive money without a smartphone? If your bank or credit union offers Zelle, you may use their online banking site to send and receive money without a mobile device," but USAA is insisting that I have to have a smartphone to use Zelle?!!! I have a client who sent me a payment through Zelle via his Wells Fargo online account (via his computer), and yet, despite my registering twice for Zelle on USAA's web site, I can't receive it!!! Wells Fargo doesn't require a smart phone. Why can't USAA make it possible to receive and send money through Zelle without having to use a mobile device? Not everyone uses smart phones.

1 REPLY

I appreciate the feedback, @ Freelancer - At this time, we only support the mobile app for Zelle, since members have access to the Funds Transfer system for transfers via the computer. I've included your feedback to our business team for review. - Cathleen