Why are the available and current balances different?

SteelerDaisy
Contributor
When I use my debit card, the transaction shows as pending. This means that my “current” balance should be lower than my “available” balance. But they are always the same amount. I have several pending transactions right now and the available and current amounts are the same. Is there a reason for this? It happens when I run it as debit and as credit. SEVERAL times I’ve had the issue of having pending transactions clear and the resulting balance being lower than either the available or current balance showed before they cleared. All the pending transactions right now in my account are for the correct amounts - how much I actually spent. So tomorrow, if my balances are lower than what’s reflecting now in both balances, I need to know why this information isn’t accurate. It’s increasingly frustrating and I can’t seem to find an answer. It’s enough to make me want to change banks after 16 years. I struggling to find out why these two numbers are always the same when they shouldn’t ever be unless I have nothing pending.

1 REPLY

@SteelerDaisy, thank you for expressing your concerns today. I will be sure to share with the appropriate area. We always value feedback from members like yourself who are keen on offering us ways to better serve our members in the future. I hope you have a good evening. -Emily