What is the APY interest rate on a USAA savings account?

Lone Star 1
Contributor

I am considering opening a USAA savings account.  What is the current APY interest rate?

2 REPLIES

@Lone Star 1, Thank you for your interest in a USAA savings account. We offer two different account types - USAA Savings and USAA Performance First Savings. Some USAA deposit accounts are interest-bearing accounts. Any interest rates provided are Annual Percentage Yields, or APYs. You can review the APYs for each account type here: https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/bank-savings?wa_ref=pub_global_products_bank_savings. It is also important to note that certain savings account withdrawals and debit transactions are limited to six transactions within a monthly statement cycle. -DC

@Lone_Star1 Lone Star....you can check the APYs on USAA's savings accounts by going into the 'Our Products' tab on the main website page, and then select 'Savings Accounts.'

I don't think you're going to like what you find however. To say that the rates are uncompetitive would be a gross understatement. If you put in over $1M in their Performance First account, you'll get 1.3% APY.

If you put $1 dollar in other banks (a simple Google search can tell you which ones. I'd call them out here, but it usually gets censored), you can get up to or just over 2.2% APY

Look elsewhere if you're looking to hold any material amount of money in savings.