What are the credit card eligibility requirements?

Hawk123
Contributor

Are family-affiliated non active military members eligible for credit cards?

4 REPLIES

@Hawk123 Thank you for the inquiry. At this time our credit card products are only for active members. There are some Military affiliate groups that partner with us for credit cards. You would have to be a member of that group to qualify. Example : Wounded Warrior Project (WWP).  I hope that helps. Thank you ~ Suzy

USAA credit card products are only for active members. There are some Military affiliate groups that partner with USAA for credit cards. You would have to be a member of that group to qualify. Example : Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) and The 82nd Airborne Division Association Visa and Master. It is not for cilvians CORRECT!

Note the difference between "active member of USAA" versus "member of the military on active duty".  These are very different categories.  When USAA rep Suzy wrote simply "active member", it was not clear which she was referring to.

@gokart-mozart, I apologize for any confusion. To qualify for a USAA credit card you must be an active member. To be an active member of USAA, you must meet the eligibility requirements. I hope that helps clear up any confusion. Thank you. ~Suzy