WHY I CANNOT GET A NEW VISA CREDIT CARD MY EXP ON 12/2018

The foz
Contributor

I CALLED 3X  TO TRY AND GET A NEW CREDIT CARD WITH A FUTURE EXP DATE SINCE MY CARD EXP ON 12/2018 I WILL BE AWAY FROM NOV 6TH TO MARCH 24 2019..FIRST  USSA BANK PESON TOLD ME KNOW PROBLEM. YOU WILL RECIEVE THEM IN 4 TO 5 BUSINESS DAYS..2 DAYS LATTER FED-X DELIVERS MY CARDS .....SAME CARDS WE HAVE IN OUR WALLETS WITH THE EXP DATE 12/2018..I CALLED AGAIN EXPLAINED THE SAME AGAIN..WAS TOLD NOW I HAVE A FED -X CHARGE FOR OVER NIGHTING MY WRONG  DATE OF EXP CARDS I CANNOT AND  DO NOT WANT. YOU THEN TOLD ME OH YOU MUST CALL WITH IN THE 60  DAY WINDOW OF THE CARDS EXPIRING CALL THURSDAY NOV 1 ..DID NOW TOLD I WAS GIVEN THE WRONG INFO..SORRY..WHO TRAINS YOUR BANK WORKERS TO ANSWER THE PHONE CALLS..AND GIVE OUT WRONG INFO..NOW I AM TOLD YOUR CARDS WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN YOUR WAY ON VACATION  WHEN YOU WILL NOT GET THEM OR BE ABLE TO USE THOSES CARDS..I SHOULD USE A DIFFERENT BANKING CARD? GUESS THIS IS HOW THE BIG  BANKS MAKE MONEY..  THE LAST CALLER I SPOKE TO ONLY WANTED TO TALK ABOUT INTREST RATES..I TOLD HER I DONT CARE ABOUT INTERSET RATE I WANT TO GET MY CREDIT CARD PROBLEM RESOLVED...I AM ON AUTOMATIC CREDIT CARD PAYMENT EVERY MONTH I DO NOT PAY INTREST OR LATE FEES ..I STILL COULD NOT GET MY CREDIT CARD PROBLEM RESOLVED..SO THATS WHY I AM WRITING..