Shadus
Contributor
I was willing to folllow the directions to do it, but they do not work (the alleged pop up does not pop up) and I cannot for the life of me find a link or way to get it done.
That screams scam to me, or one department screwing up and another not knowing what’s going on. In other words, incompetence or malfeasance - either way it has greatly reduced my confidence in this institution. To be clear, reps have been useless in resolving. Instead of sending repeated letters about the W9, send a W9 with the first one. Seriously, how hard is that to figure out? Fix it or I am out.

3 REPLIES

@Shadus, I regret your frustration. This is certainly not the type of experience we expect you to have. I will engage a subject matter expert for further handling of your situation. Please allow sufficient time for completion of their review and we will follow up with you. - Ben

I saw an email saying I needed to fill out a W-9. I logged into USAA and it didn't pop one up at me and I don't see a link for how to do it. May I have the link, please? Thanks.

@are_jay, I am sorry the links or pop up is not showing up. If you can give us a call @ 1-210-531-8722 or even better chat our servicing agents will be able to accommodate the request. Chat is available 24/7. ~ Suzy

To initiate a secure online chat with our 24/7 chat team, select ASK USAA or Reach a Representative near the top of your account page. Or select Chat from the Contact Us options under HELP tab.