Eric12
Contributor
I have recently noticed that I am getting asked to fill out a w9. When I try to go fill one in the documents section it gives me an error. It says if I dont sign one I can get my money held back and I am not able to see my balance it comes up as unavailable.

60 REPLIES

Eric12 - Thank you for reaching out to us in our Member Community. I have provided additional information regarding your concern by email. To view the message, logon to usaa.com, select your name in the upper right side of the page and select Alert & Actions. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns. Thank you - Tricia

I'm having the same problem.  Just started yesterday.  I've had my account for years.  Is this new?

ToddRM, thank you for your post. The need for W9s and Signature Cards is not new; however, we are looking into reasons as to why people are receiving this message unnecessarily. If you receive an error message when trying to submit the information, then that means our system already has the information on file. We will continue to research and review these situations. Thank you. -Meredith

I have this problem currently still as well

Hello LU2017, I'm sorry to hear you were unsuccessful in attempting to use the link. I have sent you the document to your online access. Please find under My Documents. ~ Lori

I am having this same issue and when I click on the COMPLETE FORMS it tells me SYSTEM IS UNAVAVAILBLE .. I know that we have these forms on file as we used this bank account for approximately 2 years until a job change.

thanks for any help you can offer as I have a bunch of checks collected and it will not let me deposit any of them until this is handled.

sean

Seanborner, thank you for your post in our Community. I'd like to look into this for you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Once my research has been completed, I'll post a message in the secure message center on the USAA website. The message should be available in your Inbox within 30 minutes. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. - Tricia

I am now seeing this same behavior - my checking account balance shows as "Unavailable"; I'm unexpectedly being asked to complete a signature card and W-9 for this account that I've had for years; when I click the "Complete Forms" button, I am shown the following error:

The system is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

Also, possibly related: A paid-off credit card on my account is now showing a balance of $997, despite the fact that there are no posted transactions on the account (not even auth holds).  

MrAlias - Thank you for checking in. I apologize for the delayed response. I can see that this matter was addressed by phone yesterday. Please let us know if you need any additional help or have questions. Thanks, Jason