Hi, popz. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the lien release. I have generated a secure message on our website with additional information. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. -Meredith

Hi I just had a similar issue was told it was mailed out in December and to go to titlemyway. Do you know who I can contact within Usaa to get the issue resolved

Thank you for reaching out to us today @Mommyoftwo0816, I was able to locate your profile and will share your concerns with a subject matter expert. Once reviewed they will contact you, thank you. -Emily

@Mommyoftwo0816, I have been able to review and I have sent you a private message. Please refer there for further help on your title. Thank you. - Janay

This happened to us twice! We were directed to a website that would send us a duplicate title for about $100! I am so sick of hearing "according to our records..." We have decided to take out loans with another organization from now on, and got our loans with USAA paid off as quickly as possible, so we can close our USAA accounts. It's not the USAA we started with 30 years ago. 

This is not the experience we want for you @grammoajo. I will forward your feedback and concerns to the appropriate area. We appreciate the opportunity to look into this and your patience during the review process. Thank you! ~ Lori C