NxCoco
Contributor
Free checks actually cost 13.00 for 100. Stop insulting people by saying checks are free. Be honest,all USAA is doing is insulting the intelligence of its customers otherwise.

Most Helpful

Hi NxCoco

I wanted to add some steps here in case other members are also having trouble finding the free check option

1. From your accounts summary page, scroll down to the bottom of USAA.com and click "Order Checks":

order checks step 1.PNG

2. Next,  select the account you need checks for:

Order Checks Step 2.png

3. Once you are brought to the Harland website, select the checks you would like to order:

Order Checks Step 3.png

4. Choose Check Style

Order Checks Step 4.png

5. Review name and address, select continue:

Order Checks Step 5.png

6. Customize Check, select Add to Cart"

Order Checks Step 6.png

7. Proceed to checkout

Order Checks Step 7.png

8.IMPORTANT STEP: Change the shipping option. This will allow you to select free shipping.

Order Checks Step 8.png

Order Checks Step 9.png

9. Submit your check order:

Order Checks Step 10.png

I hope this helps!

Thank you for posting in the Member Community.

17 REPLIES

Hello NxCoco, we certainly want to clear up any misunderstanding regarding the cost for checks when ordered through our partner, Harland Clarke. Your information has been located and we will engage a team member to review your concerns further. We will follow up with you as soon as possible. Thank you. - Rhonda  

People need to remember that USAA is only a bank. They try to seem like they are military friendly,but in the end they are JUST a bank

that's correct - we all learned that with USAA's support of the NFL, didn't we? i no longer view USAA as some form of patriotic entity

Which checks/shipping did you select? If you select one of the three basic USAA options and standard group shipping, there shouldn't be a charge.

Hi NxCoco

I wanted to add some steps here in case other members are also having trouble finding the free check option

1. From your accounts summary page, scroll down to the bottom of USAA.com and click "Order Checks":

order checks step 1.PNG

2. Next,  select the account you need checks for:

Order Checks Step 2.png

3. Once you are brought to the Harland website, select the checks you would like to order:

Order Checks Step 3.png

4. Choose Check Style

Order Checks Step 4.png

5. Review name and address, select continue:

Order Checks Step 5.png

6. Customize Check, select Add to Cart"

Order Checks Step 6.png

7. Proceed to checkout

Order Checks Step 7.png

8.IMPORTANT STEP: Change the shipping option. This will allow you to select free shipping.

Order Checks Step 8.png

Order Checks Step 9.png

9. Submit your check order:

Order Checks Step 10.png

I hope this helps!

Thank you for posting in the Member Community.

As they say, a picture(s) is worth a thousand words!!  I am sure that will help others who are a bit confused in the steps to get free checks.  Been doing it for many, many  years - thanks USAA and helpful posts from community managers!  I would only hope, they would repost saying they now have their free checks!  So others will understand they do provide what they state that they will!

We appreciate your feedback, Roll Tide 2016! Thank you for posting in Community. -Cynthia

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 4.04.21 PM.png

Well well well, look what we have here. I don't see a free option 🤔

Spoiler

Hello 2Chanz, I understand the options are not coming up with the FREE shipping option. Briana from our team posted some very helpful, step by step photos of directions, on how to order the FREE checks with FREE shipping option. Please refer to the steps found in this thread dated Nov. 1st.

Additionally there is a HELP option on the top of the Harland Clark website, with an option for CHAT, which is very helpful, should you need additional assistance in placing your order. Thank you for reaching out. Have a good weekend. ~ Lori