Contributor

I am trying to open my own checking account and either step I take I am unable to. I am attached to my wifes USAA account but I am not a primary or under the account to use it. I try to set up my own online access account and it tells me that I am unable to or it takes me back to signing into my wifes account. When Igo straight to signing up for a new checking account it tries to open it up in my wifes name and wont let me change any of the information. I am also Active Duty. 

3 REPLIES

Oh no 134, I do apologize for the inconvenience that you are having. When attempting to registering for your personal profile, instead of entering username and password, click register. It will ask if you are a USAA member and if so will ask for your member number. If you do not have that you can use you social security # as well. Then follow the prompts and you should have access to your own personal profile now. If problems persist please contact our website customer support at 877-632-3002 and when prompted say 'technical support'. I hope this is helpful, thank you.

I’m unable to open account it only allow me to to brokerage and life insurance  when I have family who is in the service or have retired from the service I would like to open an checking account and have my profile updated

@Dominicano1, I understand you would like to open accounts with USAA. In order to ensure your profile is updated properly we will need you to call us at 1-800-531-8722 for assistance. Our team is available Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. CT, Saturday from 6:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT, and Sunday from 9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. I hope this information is helpful. Thank you. - Rhonda