Frequent Contributor

USAA is attempting to get me to sign a W-9 form for my personal banking account. This is unsatisfactory. IRS Form W-9 is most commonly used by individuals when they are working as a freelancer or independent contractor. If you ever find yourself filling out a Form W-9, it generally means that a business or person who is paying you money needs your Social Security number so it can notify the IRS of the amount. Guess what USAA? I don't work for you and you DON'T pay me anything so I do not have to fill out a W-9. Here is what I think is going on USAA members so first note that USAA is looking at your personal accounts with a microscope and may attempt to report you to the IRS. My business accounts are with the Navy Federal Credit Union and often I transfer those monies to my personal savings account at USAA. USAA has threatend to stop all interest bearing on my accounts. I wonder what else is going on behind the scenes with our USAA members accounts?? Beware members...

Tags (1)

1 REPLY

I'd be interested in seeing the correspondence from USAA where they asked for this. And the means by which they contacted you to see if it's a phishing attempt or not.