Kassey01
Contributor

I have been with USAA for over 20 years - am former Active Duty - switched to federal service.  I have stayed with USAA due to their support for its members. Now I find out it apparently USAA only supports the CG and NOAA.  I am at the mercy of the budget and my paycheck will probably not be coming on the 10th.  Is USAA going to offer any support to the other agencies affected by this shutdown??  If not - be up front NOW so we can start the process of finding another financial institution - I know Navy Federal CU and Justice CU are stepping up to the plate.  (And I can't "call to discuss my situation" because I don't know what my situation will be until the end of the week. I am just trying to figure out what my options will be if this shutdown continues.)

5 REPLIES

@Kassey01, We understand that some of our non-military members are impacted by the current government shutdown, but given the difficulty in determining each federal department’s approach and each member’s status, we’ve had to limit this offer to active duty Coast Guard and NOAA Corps employees.  We encourage you to call us directly to discuss your specific situation, so we can help determine the best option for you. -Colleen

Wow that is disgusting. In other words, please change your direct deposit location to another financial instituion. We don't need you anymore because we are "big". I'll do just that.

I am a 20 year Army retiree and currently work for CBP and am required to work without pay. I thought USAA would give a shutdown loan (I feel a 1% rate would be fair for coming to the rescue) only to find out they are only lending to Coast Guard which is actually under DHS just like my agency. Very disappointing. I may dump USAA after shutdown.

@Team player, We are sorry to hear you are disappointed. We will pass your feedback along to the appropriate team. Thank you   ~Tom

Indeed, not supporting their Veteran Fed employee members whatsoever. (besides USCG). I've already opened my NFCU accounts and am switching everything out of USAA. Not a fun thing to do by any means, but USAA has left me no choice. This, after 16+ years of being a USAA member. So disappointed in you USAA.