DoHoGo
Contributor

I have a dispute with USAA Banking (Visa) over a scam & a Visa charge of $500.00.  It has been going on for 4 weeks now, and they do not understand the difference between a "dispute" and "scam."  They are treating it like a merchant transaction and not a scam.  They now sent an email to the scammers to ask if they did, indeed, scam.  Yikes!  It's like someone throws a rock at a window in you house and break it.  Then go to your front door and rings your bell, and says,  "We just happen to be in the neighborhood and saw your broken window.  We can fix it before the big storm comes."  They fix it for a highly inflated price."  You file a FRAUD claim with USAA, and they go to the "fixers" (scammers) and ask them if they broke the window.  What do you think they are going to say?  Your claim is denied.    I found this site while trying to find an email address of USAA CEO or USAA Bank CEO.  I see from this site that there is none available.  As someone here said, "This is not the transparent, and approachable, USAA I've know over the past 50 years.  The folks in the trenches just don't know what's going on, especially with fraud.  Why doesn't USAA have a fraud division and only a merchandise dispute division?  

2 REPLIES

@DoHoGo, I understand your concerns and have forwarded your information to the appropriate department for review. Once this is researched we will be in contact with you. Thanks! -Colleen

I am sorry this happened to you. I am experiencing something similar. You can see my experience under the thread "USAA blames the victim." I plan to file complaints with the Consumer FInancial Protection Bureau and the BBB and any other regulatory entity I can think of, and slowly move all of my money out of USAA. I suggest you do the same. They also would not provide me contact information for the CEO--they would only give me the regular mail address. I am supposed to believe that they will forward my letter to the CEO. But how can I trust anything USAA tells me??