Benjamin Morales
Contributor

For those of you who have been considering using USAA for your mortgage services, you might think twice.

In approximately April of this year USAA decided that the name of my mortage service provider would be changed from LOANCARE to Lakeview Loan Services. I received a letter to that effect. It made me believe that my mortgage had been sold. So I did what I was told to do in the letter. I cancelled the auto payments that were being made to LOANCARE and began payments to Lakeview. 

Verything went through with no trouble in APril. Then in May, USAA decided that they were going to continue to make payments to LOANCARE in the amount of $3060 and to Lakeview as well in the amount of $3068, even though I had cancelled all payments to LOANCARE. So they received my mortgage payment twice. That wasn't enough. I went into my account to make sure that LOANCARE was not one of my payees and it wasn't. While I was trying to figure out what happened, that wasn't enought. USAA made to payments to my mortgage again in June for excess payments of $6120. I went at it with LOANCARE abouyt the situation. LOAN CARE by the way is the company that USAA chose to service my mortgage. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!. But USAA hasn't been much better. In fact USAA's service in a steady decline. LOANCARE reversed one of the payments. The other payments was to be used toward my next mortgage payment. Although LOANCARE was removed from my [ayees in April, USAA decided to make two payments again July. That is overpayments of $9180  for those keeping count. By this time, I realized that LOANCARE and my bill pay settings were not the problem. USAA IS THE PROBLEM. USAA completely disregarded my setting and sent $9180 in unauthorized payments to LOANCARE. THAT IS BASICALLY THEFT. Straight out of my account. Sad part is that I have been trying to correct this issue since June and USAA has completely disregarded my requests. THEY SAY IT'S MY PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH LOANCARE AND LAKEVIEW. 

HOW MANY SERVICE MEMBERS is USAA RIPPING OFF in the same manner. There are service members overseas in combat zones that do not have the internet access to check their accounts the way I do. There are service members that cannot spend the time that I've spent on the phone trying to fix this issue. THERE ARE SERVICE MEMBERS WHO ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF BY USAA as we speak and they don't have any idea because they trust that THIS BANK isn't ripping them off. 

DON'T BE FOOLED. USAA will RIP YOU OFF JUST LIKE ANY OTHER UNSCRIPULOUS company. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE. DON'T TRUST THAT THESE PEOPLE WILL DO RIGHT BE YOU. 

1 REPLY

@Benjamin Morales, I understand that multiple mortgage payments have been processed this year, and I'm saddened to learn of your unsatisfactory experience. It sounds like you have been contacting us about this issue for several months without a resolution. I'm engaging an expert to review the payments so we can determine what happened and the best way to resolve the situation. We'll conduct a follow-up with you once the research has been completed. ~DC