Shyne1
Contributor
Recently I recieved a new card from USAA because my old one expired. Never had an issue before, but since then I have had 2 instances in 3 months of my card being used for unauthorized purchases. The most recent one was yesterday. My concern is around the time both happened, there was an influx of people I know personally who had the same issue. The only common issue is the fraud and USAA. We don't shop in the same place, we are not in the same places geographically and no one lost their physical card for it to be compromised. Has there been a security breach that is being covered up here?There are entirely too many just from my personal knowledge in the same time periods for this to be a coincidence.

30 REPLIES

I had the same fraud on 12-22-2015 (my card was not stolen, but had several fraudulent charges). Is this the same timeframe?

I had my card replaced about a year ago with a "chip" card - wasn't the chip supposed to reduce fraud?  Seems to be getting worse - I also wonder if you are on to something - is the problem systematic?

I also noticed the wait times on the fraud 1-800 lines are very long this week (+30 min). That could only mean 2 things - increased fraud, or understaffing by USAA.

I am curious what you find out.

Dear AmyFe, I have addressed your other comment here, but would like to assure you a speclaist will be in touch. Thank you.

Awaiting a call, Angela.

Shyne1,

I have  passed along your concerns in regards to your card to our bank team. They will be reaching out to you. Thank you.

Angela, 

So it seems you might care some about members... 17 years I have been with USAA, and now that I have been a victim of fraud, I have been treated like the thief and not the victim.  My words have been purposefully made to sound like I in some way have allowed or been in with this event.  I deposited 7000.00 into my acciount and now that I have been robbed USAA has coninually closed this claim, and issued an email stating i was at fault.  I, in no way, should have to suffer the intense and ongoing plunge that a theft of 3500.00 has caused and continues to cause me and my life.  I have reached out to my local police dept, the colorado bureau of Inverstigations, and will file with the FBI tonight.  I need someone to hold the claims dept accountable to do a thorough investigation, as they claim to have done.  They have not, and appear to worry more about twisting my words in order to avoid ressolving this enormous event in my life.  HELP!!   email me at xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx instructions on what is next for me

@Reaching out to FBI, Thank you for posting your concerns. I will forward your post for review. We appreciate your reaching out. ~ Suzy

Still waiting.
I've had my card "compromised" twice and the second time was this week which has only been about 45 days since the first one. I believe it's someone within USAA stealing our information because they are continuously committing the fraud and my is only occurring in Texas and I live in SC.

Bossy80,

Angela responded to your initial comment here. Thank you.