Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: (March 3) I went to the ATM, card is still shut down. Called customer service, they were extremely rude. I explained the cicurmstances and they "hung up." At this time I am in Mexico City with no access to MY money from my debit account - I asked for the employees ID, they hung up. THE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MEXICO CONTINUES. USAA discriminates against ANYTHING to do with Mexico. I am a expat living in Mexico City for 3 years. Since I have moved here USAA willfully discriminates agains ANYTHING to do with Mexico. This is a fact because I have lived in 2 foreign countires and never have been targeted as I am now. USAA repeatedly shuts down my debit card (randomly because I have a nexus to Mexico). I have literally "pleaded and begged" them to stop this constant harrasment because I live here. USAA employees told me repeatedly that Mexico (the entire country is a corrupt) and that Mexican risk of theft is "high." I find that ignorrant and racist because I live in Polanco, Mexico, one of the "wealthiest" parts of the world with roads lined with Ferraris and AMG Mercedes. What happened: (March 2) This evening I went out and triend repeatedly to withdraw approximately $100.00 (US) or 2000 MX pesos. My card was blocked, even though I have plenty of money in the account. I called USAA while in a taxi and waited approximately 30 minutes for costomer service. They immediately wanted to veryfy me. They requested my SSN which I gave them. They requested the last 4 of my primary phone on file which I gave them. They requested to send a TEXT to that number, at which time I advised them I am using my Mexico cell phone and that I do not have access to that phone (I only carry the MX line in Mexico). They asked for more verification, specifically the last 4 digits of my debit card which I gave them. They then asked for the last 4 digits of my credit card which I gave them. Originally, they only wanted 2 Items for verification and continued "to discriminate" against me because I was calling from Mexico. They then asked me to pull out my debit card and advise the month, day and year of expiration which I gave them. They tthen asked for the 3 digit security code on the back which I gave them. At that time, I was in shock because of the blatent discrimination by USAA employees. I begged them to reactivate the card at which time they said it was "blocked" and that I would have to call back. The employee then hung up on me......PURE DISCRIMINATION! I have been dealing with this same issue for 3 years, it still continuews to this day.

1 REPLY

@Titothedog, We have reached out to our teams. While we understand your frustration, we ask that you refrain from additional posts about the situation. As this is seen as “bumping” content—that is to say, posts that serve to repeat existing issues and bring them to the top of the Member Community wall. Future posts regarding the same issue will not receive a response and are subject to removal from our wall. While it is our intention to never ban individuals from our page, if a violation of our guidelines is clear, we will remove the content and block the individual. - Ben