Trying to help a family member re-establish credit

66genesis
Contributor

I have a relative that filed bankruptcy about 5-7 months ago. Needs to re-establish credit. Current FICO score is 640.  I currently have a credit card with you. I was thinking about adding him to my card as an authorized user then have you send him a card in his name. There is a $0.0 balance on this account at this time. 

Can you do this? and if the answer is "yes" what is the procedure?

Also, can I get a cash advance against my card?

Thanks

66genesis

1 REPLY

Hello and thank you for your interest in adding your relative to your credit card as an authorized user. We would first need to confirm eligibility for your relative before determining if they can be added to your credit card account. We also want to discuss the possible consequences of adding your relative to your account as well as alternative options to possibly help them such as a secured credit card. Please contact our Credit Card Servicing Team at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722. Our business hours are Monday through Friday 5:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. CT and Saturday 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. CT, or Sunday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. CT. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you!