I'm about to travel to Poland, do I need to notify usaa before using my debit card abroad?


@Zz123, Yes, we do recommend submitting a travel notification whenever traveling. You may do so by following these steps. From My USAA:

  1. Select the account that will be used while traveling.
  2. From the I Want To section, select More Services.
  3. From the Services section, select Manage Travel Notifications.
  4. Follow the prompts to add a travel notice. 

It is important to note that adding a travel notification does not guarantee authorization of charges. Transactions continue to be monitored for potential fraudulent activity.


When traveling, USAA recommends updating Fraud Alert preferences so that the preferred contact methods can be used if USAA needs to contact you.


There is a 1% foreign transaction fee on all debit card or ATM transactions with a merchant or ATM in a foreign country, whether the transaction is originally made in US dollars or converted from foreign currency. ~DC