Support offered during government shut down

Hesperocyparus
Contributor

I was very disappointed in the lack of financial support offered by USAA during the government shut down. Most of my colleagues who are federal employees were offered zero interest loans and other financial support by a number of major banking companies and credit unions during the shut down. When I called USAA to ask what assistant they might be able to provide me, I was told only Coast Guard employees were eligible for financial assistance. When I called again to ask specifically if they would waive the interest rate on my USAA credit card until I recieved a pay check, they said no. I am wondering if anyone else had this experience, and I am also looking for recommendations about how to share this information with USAA? There doesnt seem to be a good process for providing feedback to them. Thank you! 

1 REPLY

@Hesperocyparus, I am sorry to hear about your disappointment. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with the appropriate team. USAA consistently monitors government shutdown, and remains committed to working with affected members to help find a solution. We encourage members to contact us directly to discuss their situations at 1-800-531-8722. We can also be reached via online chat by selecting Contact Us from the help tab on our app. Thank you.