Son in law was military - both he and daughter are member - join under them?

MommaKH
Contributor

So my "Son" in law was military (very proud of him) and my daughter they are both members of USAA.  Can my husband and I join using his id?  To get checking accounts, savings and insurance quotes?  Thanks!!  God Bless America!!!

3 REPLIES

Hi @MommaKH! I appreciate your interest in USAA and also certainly appreciate your "son's" service to our country! I'm sorry, USAA membership eligibility can’t be passed to from children to parents. USAA Bank products are only available to military members, veterans who have honorably served and their eligible family members. For your convenience, you can find additional details on USAA eligibility requirements by entering "eligibility" in the Search field on top of this page.

Although membership may not be available to you and your spouse, we may still be able to assist you and your husband with with insurance quotes through our USAA Insurance Agency. When ready, please call us at 210-531-USAA (8722), 800-531-8722 or through our mobile shortcut #8722. Thank you! ~ Stacy

Disclosures: Use of the term “member” or “membership” refers to membership in USAA Membership Services and does not convey any legal or ownership rights in USAA. Restrictions apply and are subject to change. To join USAA, separated military personnel must have received a discharge type of "Honorable". Eligible former dependents of USAA members may join USAA.

But if i use my dad that would work?  he was in the service years and years ago...  Thanks for such a quick response!

@MommaKH, If you dad has established eligibility and membership you may have the ability to establish membership. Please contact us at your convenience so we can help. Thank you for your interest in USAA. Have a great week! ~ Shane