Coastie3030
Contributor
Hi, since I am Coast Guard and the government shutdown affects me what are my options?

4 REPLIES

USAA is exploring options to assist affected members. For more information, please type in "Shutdown" in our search field. As soon as we know more information we will let our members know. Thank you. 

Any update on support options for the Coasties.  My son is 18 and just joined the USCG in Sept.  He is stationed in CA and, after paying deposits to move into an apartment over Thanksgiving, has not had enough time to build an emergency fund to go without pay for very long.

@LThompson01, I understand your concern for you son! Congratulations by the way! USAA is exploring options to assist affected members. For more information, please visit: http://usaa.us/2EYXAuy ~ Samantha 

The link gives some tips on how to be prepared for a finanacial crisis and states that USAA "stands ready to help in the event of a government shutdown," but I am not exactly sure what that means.  Does he need to call?  Everything I find seems to say the same thing, "USAA is thinking about it."