Phiney
Contributor
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I opened a checking account. I assumed a debit card would be automatically sent to me after doing so. However, I have come to realize that in order to receive a debit card, you have to request it. Now, the issues is that I have no clue where to go, or how to request a debit card. I tried requesting a replacement card, but because I do not have one to begin with, that didn't work. So how do I make a request for a debit/ATM card?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Shouldn't have assumed.

34 REPLIES

Phiney, thank you for your post. I will be happy to help you. Please login to usaa.com and review the message I have sent you, at your earliest convenience.  I look forward to your response. Have a great day! ~Jen.

I am having the same issue

OnlyRob, I'm happy to assist with a debit card. I'll be reaching out to you shortly. ~Darcy

I just opened an account and am not sure how to request a debit card.  Can you please help me out?

Hello and congratulations on opening your new account with us. We are available to assist you right now with your request for a debit card. Please contact us at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722. Our business hours are Monday through Friday 6:30am-10:00pm CT and Saturday 8:00am - 6:00pm CT. Thank you and look forward to speaking with you! - Darrell

Can I please get my debit card mailed to me.

@kanani1, I have sent you a private message to member community with more details. Thanks! -Colleen

I just opened a checking and savings account as well and I also assumed a debit card would be sent so what do I do to get one?

Hello and thanks for your request for a debit card for your new account. Please send us a Private Message and I would be happy to assist you with your request. Thanks! - Darrell