b52crew
Contributor

USAA has gone to high profit orientation and the customer (many of us for decades) have been thrown out to the dogs! No notice closure of all satellite offices/ATMS and low daily withdrawal limits. USAA was a great company when I joined and I am about to leave! There has to be significant changes to keep us in your trust.

1 REPLY

Hello and thank you for contacting us regarding your concerns. I'm sorry for any inconvenience you are experiencing at this time due to the financial center closing. Back in March 28, 2017 we announced that the 17 USAA Financial Centers were closing and displayed signs with the April 28, 2017 closure date. In addition, the closing date was included on digital billboards and voicemail messages in these centers. I'm so sorry if you were unaware that the financial center in your market was closed. The other concern you mentioned was a low daily withdrawal limit. You can request a limit increase via usaa.com or the mobile application. Can you please share what additional concerns or changes you would like to see so we can properly respond to your request. Thank you and hope to hear back from you.