Frequent Contributor

For the past several years I have been using a link that was easily accessible to my USAA homepage. Under the "I want to" section. I would indicate I wanted to download my account information via WEB CONNECT in the quicken format.  

Today I cannot find that ability on the site. I call customer support and they tell me they have never heard of this button on their website and I need to call quicken.  This is not a quicken issue! This issue is a link that existed on USAA.com that is no longer there (or difficult to find.).

The lady on the phone seemed to dismiss my concern as if there was no way I could have been doing it this way for years because she never heard of it.  I explained the financial tool I use that isn't quicken but instead a tool that supports quicken based files.

Can someone who can fully and accurately explain what is going on please give me a call. I perfer to speak to someone who will at least acknowledge that the Web connect buttion exisited on USAA for years.

Thanks.

30 REPLIES

Don't bother, I finally found it..... and yes, it does STILL exist.  It is sad that Tech support has no idea that this basic function exists.  Perhaps USAA can hire me as a consultant because I was more helpful on this matter than the USAA technical experts.  

I'm starting to understand why there are constant negative reviews about USAA customer service on this forum.

VMS08, We support Direct and Web Connect, but recommend using Direct Connect. It's free and offers the following added security benefits:

• The credentials required to access your accounts aren't the same credentials you use to access usaa.com.
  • You have the opportunity to use more secure logon methods to access usaa.com without impacting Quicken's ability to download account transaction history.

For more information, please visit Quicken.

You may click on this link for further information as well: http://usaa.us/2omKAYB .  Thank you for your post and feedback. ~Jen

Thanks, You should inform your technical support team. that Web connect exists and how to access it. They have no idea that Web connect ever existed.  You would think I was asking for a purple unicorn with hooves made of cotton candy.   They were completely clueless.

I have tried the link to obtain answers to why the USAA Web Connect is no longer working in Quicken 2015.  The link you provided give the following errors.

http://usaa.us/2omKAYB

"

This site can’t be reached

shadow.usaa.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

MattsComment - I'm sorry to hear you received an error. Regrettably, we are unable to resolve this type of issue through Social Media. Our best recommendation would be to contact our Website Customer Support team at 1-877-632-3002 and when prompted say “technical Support”. They are available from 6 a.m. until midnight C.T. daily. Thank you - Tricia

I tried contacting your technical support and the representative had no idea what Quicken was I had to explain it 5 times and she still couldn't figure out what i was talking about. Since your USAA money manager sucks more than Quicken I need someone who has a clue to contact me. USAA Money manager I cannot enter any transactions on any checking account but the USAA checking. I have all my accounts on the app but I cannot enter the transactions nor can I see manual input transactions on anything but the USAA checking account on the mobile app. I submitted a ticket they said they were escalating more than a week ago and have not heard anything from anyone if I continue to have issues managing my budget either through you or the quicken app it may just be enough to stop using my USAA checking account

@freddire, I know this issue causes a lot of frustration. If the technical support agent opened a ticket, that area has to do the follow up. They are not available through this channel and are unable to make outbound calls. Web Support number is 1-877-632-3002 and when prompted ask for " Tech Support " .I know you see that posted multiple times. They are best equipped to go over the ticket with you. Thank you ~ Suzy

This link is broken.

Hmmm.  I can no longer download to Quicken 2018 Deluxe.  After some long chats with the tech support crowd, the only solution they offered was to disconnect from download of each USAA account in Quicken and then reconnect by reinputing all ID info.  That does work but really?