diferminds
Occasional Contributor

I logged into my USAA app and all these questions come up say compliance.  What are my accounts used for where does the money come from.  What do I do with the accounts.  Do you use my USAA amex out of the Country.  I called and got transfered around then last night was on hold for the MOET group for over 90 minutes had to hang up to do something.  There is no where what they questions are used for why they blocked all my accounts (insurance, banking, credit card, loans) before I was forced to answer them.  Still have not heard anything and no one know what the information is used for.

6 REPLIES

Hello @diferminds, I'm sorry to hear of this experience. To answer your answer your question- To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. If this information was not captured previously it was asked. I will have your feedback regarding this experience forwarded to the appropriate area for review. I hope this is helpful for you. ~ Sam

So when I opened my account and you verified then I was active duty and went to DEERS to verify me 1996.  The goverment knew who I was then since I was there.  So all the questions you just stated was not asked.  I was asked the following.

1.  Where do you get your money.

2.  Do you deposit cash in your account

3.  What is the primary and secondary use of your account.

4.  Will I use my card international and how often.

Well since I needed to do something fast and just put something in since you blocked all my accounts then what you got is wrong and I got punished last night for the 90 minutes of hold for no one to come back.  The problem has not been fixed and the customer service is horrible.

@diferminds, I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, I will have your feedback submitted to the appropriate area. ~ Sam 

Since you submitted to the correct area assuming after the 5 phone calls and 90 minutes of hold I had the wrong department what is going to happen.  They have a note about a problem and does nothing.  Someone is going to call me and go over the requirements and I close what accounts I do not want to deal with.  Seems like the response if very vague and does not say anything.

@USAA   Is this a simple W-9 question?  If so, USAA hasn't done a great job of explaining or making it easy for their members.   USAA is asking everyone to fill out W-9s even if they had previously filled them out - problem is that reps don't know the right answers to members' questions or the forms we have been given are WRONG.   Many members have had problems filling them out online and the pre-printed envelopes supplied by USAA to send back the "paper" ones have the wrong zip code on them (or has that been fixed?).  USAA has had some problems with compliance recently......

Not at all I have done lots of W-9 it was more personal than that.  You have a credit card with them.  Do you travel out of the USA.  What are you going to use the credit card what type of transactions how often, how much.  What do you use your checking account for, how much to you put in there where does it come from.  Do you have cash.