25YearMemberFL
Contributor

For the past 10 years, I have been using Mint to aggregate my financial information, including at least 5 USAA accounts. They are now saying that:

USAA Bank is currently blocking our aggregation efforts.

We will work to resolve this issue with USAA Bank, but please note that a resolution is dependent on their cooperation and there is no ETA available currently.

I rely on my USAA data being current to manage my finances. What is the issue and when will it be fixed?

-Matt

5 REPLIES

@25YearMemberFL - I can certainly understand how frustrating this would be for you. Please be aware that multifactor authentication may prevent some third-party services from working as expected. We are working diligently to implement a solution that protects our members, and we expect to improve this experience this year. Given the amount of personal information available through social media and external data breaches, stronger security is required. USAA offers enhanced security (multifactor authentication) options that allow members to authenticate themselves with a combination of something they:
• Know: password, pin, quick logon
• Have: phone, token, code
• Are: biometrics, such as your fingerprint, facial or voice recognition

Rest assured, I've provided your comments to our team for use. - Cathleen

I use Mint to verify fincial status almost everyday. What's the timeline for a fix?

@Compromise, Good Morning! 

Multi-factor authentication may prevent some third-party services such as Mint, from working as expected. We are working diligently to implement a solution that protects our members, and we expect to improve this experience this year. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this. Have a great week. ~ Lori 

I have been using multi-factor authentication with USAA and Mint without a problem, so that was not the issue for me.

After multiple tries this morning, I was able to get it to connect and download my tranasactions. Definitely needs work though.

@25YearMemberFL - Thanks for the update. I've added this to the feedback already provided to our business team on the challenges with Mint. Have a great day! - Cathleen