Poor Banking Customer Service and Banking Procedures

wore out
Contributor

I desire to have all of my deposit accounts and CD's in place with a Payable on Death designation. I have a great deal of difficulty dealing with the banking personnel that answer the phone to assist me. They are not trained or up to date on how your procedures work and the result is a lot of time on hold why they attempt to research the procedure. Recently I wanted to add my children to some newly opened CD's but was told my daughter would have to call USAA first as she needed to update her information? She is presently listed as a POD beneficiary on numerous other accounts. USAA bank is behind the times and makes adding a POD very very difficult and time consuming. I am a customer at other financial institutions and ther way of performing this service is simple. I have many accounts with USAA and have been a member many many years but I am considering changing institutions based on your inability to perform this important service in a convenient manner.

1 REPLY

@wore out, I completely understand the frustration. This is now how we want you to feel after contacting us.  To complete the POD to your accounts, have you considered chatting with us?  Please initiate a chat by selecting HELP at the top of usaa.com or the “Ask a Representative” from the account summary page.