Cee Cee85
Contributor

If I am applying for a personal loan (joint with spouse), but I have a good credit score and my spouse has bad credit should I do joint? Will it help his credit to include him as a secondary? He has a higher income than I, but my credit is better.

1 REPLY

Hi @Cee Cee85 - If the application includes your spouse, yes, it will help his credit, as it's reported monthly to both credit profiles. Additionally, please know that USAA considers each application on an individual basis. We also consider both your USAA and credit profiles, including your debt to income ratio, banking account management, credit score, and history with USAA. This includes the term of membership and products that you have listed with our company. So, even on a joint application, both credit profiles, incomes and debt to income is reviewed for each applicant, overall. For your convenience, you may apply online by going to Products and selecting Personal Loans. Then, enter the requested information and follow the prompts. If your online application is submitted during normal business hours of Monday-Friday 6:30am - 10:00pm, a decision will be provided within minutes. If your application is submitted after hours, on a weekend or holiday, a decision will be provided within 12 hours. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. - Cathleen